Friday, October 16, 2009

And the Modding Begins...

We are now starting the process of altering the gameplay of our selected games. Arimaa is an interesting case; whereas most people in the class are striving to fix certain problems they see with their games, I honestly cannot find any serious problems with Arimaa. So, me being a fan of the mantra "don't fix what isn't broke", I'm going to be pushed into some uncomfortable territory.

Not that that's a bad thing. I've already got a few interesting ideas, one of which the teacher really responded well to, so things are looking up at the moment. I'm sure there will be many unforseen twists and turns, some bad and some good, but that's the nature of this career choice.

Now, back to the labs to model, UV and texture a door, window, roof, and piece of trim for next CA class.

No comments:

Post a Comment