Saturday, October 23, 2010

UPDATE?!

We just finished a massive crunch in 3D for Games class, so this seems like a good checkpoint to post some more recent work.

At the beginning of the school year, we were allotted 2 weeks to create a modular 8-piece construction kit that could be used to convincingly fill some kind of space. For my space I decided to limit my scope and model a kitchen, so I could spend more time addressing each individual prop. I'll post more specific pictures later, but this one example constructed from my modular props:

(click to see detail)

Then, for the next 7 weeks we were tasked with creating a "realistic environment" piece. We were given the option to work in groups, so I collaborated with Clarke Nordhauser (you can find his blog here: http://nordhauser.blogspot.com/).

Our concept was a 70's "shag pad"/studio apartment which had been ransacked and the owner murdered over a drug trade dispute. The most difficult part of this project was the transition between concept and final production, especially when in a collaborative environment, but I feel that we succeeded for the most part.

(click to see detail)

My Props:
-Windows/curved wall
-Blinds
-Curtains
-Retro Table
-Bean Bag Chair
-Air Vent
-Lamp
-Procedural Non-Repeating Carpet

(click to see detail)

My Props:
-Interior of Pinball Machine
-Ficus Tree
-Egg Chair
-Rug
-Fish Tank Exterior
-Magazines
-Air Vent

(click to see detail)

My Props:
-Bed/Blanket/Body
-Nightstands
-Disco Ball
-Egg Chair
-Shag Carpet
-Floor Lamp
-Air Vent

More pictures and info coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment