Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Color!

Color is something I've always struggled with. This is most likely because for the majority of my life I almost exclusively drew in graphite. This problem most prominently reared its head during my attempts to draw scenes from my imagination. The only solution I saw was to spend a large amount of time doing light and color studies until it became second nature, something my current college schedule simply doesn't allow. That's when I discovered the fantastic website "The Dimensions of Color". I learned more about practical application of color within 10 minutes of reading that than I have in all of my art classes combined. These are two quick and entirely imaginary studies I've done by applying the principles I've learned:



I would highly recommend the website to anyone who wants to improve their understanding of light and color and doesn't mind technical reading.

1 comment:

  1. I am a fan of that site. What specifically helped you better understand the application of color?

    ReplyDelete